Introduction to FIP
The concept of a pan India body comprising commercial pilots to take up various academic, scientific, technical and common interest issues was envisaged in the year 1996 when a few visionary aviators formed the Federation of Indian Pilots.
Over the years the Federation of Indian Pilots, a registered organisation, has served as an advocacy platform for pilots, through seminars, public awareness campaigns, representations to regulatory authorities and government agencies etc.
In 1999, the Federation of Indian Pilots launched a unique insurance scheme to protect pilots from the consequences of medical unfitness, as being medically fit is one of the primary requisites of holding a valid flying licence.
In the year 2002, to augment the specialised technical qualifications of pilots with academic qualifications, the Federation of Indian Pilots founded the Institute of Aviation and Aviation Safety (IAAS) which is affiliated to the University of Mumbai for awarding B.Sc. (Aviation) degrees and accomplishing other academic objectives. For further details please visit the IAAS website at www.iaas.edu.in
The Federation of Indian Pilots is NOT a Trade Union, but a body of pilots whose primary aim is to promote the pursuit of professional excellence and to highlight the strategic and vital role of the pilots’ profession in the international arena at large and in India, in particular.
Please feel free to browse through our site and give us your feedback.
For details regarding Group Medical Policy Click here
- guide FIP on medico legal and policy advocacy matters
- offer consultation to members on aviation related issues
- conduct workshops on topics of professional relevance
- contribute towards the in-house FIP magazine on relevant medical topics
- Post graduate with two years formal training in aviation medicine
- registered with Medical Council of India / State Medical Council
- in-depth knowledge of DGCA and ICAO SARPS related to aviation medicine
- minimum of 10 years of aviation medicine and medical certificates issuance to flight crew and other aviation personnel
- fluency in the English language
- willing to observe timelines
- demonstrates openness in sharing information
- commitment to confidentiality
- demonstration of professional acumen